Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Long Break!!

Well it's been a long time since I last wrote something in this blog, 08 has been a hell of a year for me. My confidence, enthusiasm, motivation has been sapped. So what has happened and why??

Some major changes have occurred in 08

1) The GFC (The Global Financial Crisis)

This has smashed my share portfolio, particularly in Oct due too to high gearing on my part.

2) My wife getting pregnant and becoming a one income family

3) I have had to work 3 jobs to get back in front, so my energy levels have been very low lately


I now have more time on my hands as I now don't have to work anywhere near as much. So I thought I should update my blog.


So after a horror financial year, I have finally come out the other side a lot leaner, meaner, smarter and better positioned. I have given a lot of thought about what has happened and am determined to learn from the mistakes I have made and use them to profit from the future. I think I shall post more about them later.

On the plus side, I shall become a father this Thursday, which should be more exciting and challenging and rewarding than any financial pondering I do (which is quite a bit)

No comments: